Sunday, July 12, 2026

#830 > North Liberty Blues & BBQ Festival 2026~ (PhillyCheezeBlues.Blogspot.com)

 

Centennial Park
North Liberty, Iowa
July 11, 2026
 
By Phillip Smith; July 13, 2024
 
Original source : phillycheezeblues.blogspot.com

 

Clear skies and warm weather made for a perfect day yesterday for the North Liberty Blues & BBQ Festival.  The barbeque I had for lunch was excellent and the music through-out the day was fantastic.  

As I arrived, Katie & the Honky Tonks from Waterloo, Iowa were just taking the stage.  I really enjoyed their old-school county and western set.  Following next was The Finesse from Des Moines.  They kept the energy high for their smooth and funky performance.  The set from Jeni Grouws’ band grabbed my full attention.  It was exciting to experience her new songs live in person and I’m looking very much forward to hearing her new solo album which is scheduled to come out later this year.  I loved seeing the Beaker Brothers too.  They’re among my favorites.  With a set filled with classics from bands such as the Allman Brothers, Santana, Hendrix, Steve Winwood, and Clapton, the band was absolutely in the zone for their whole show.  Headlining the festival was The Main Squeeze from Indiana.  With an electrifying stage presence and the vocal power of lead singer Corey Frye, their performance was absolutely amazing.  It was indeed a great day for music! 

--- 

    * All Photos by Phillip Smith


Katie & The Honky Tonks











The Finesse















Jeni Grouws
















The Beaker Brothers
















The Main Squeeze

















* All Photos by Phillip Smith