Tuesday, August 18, 2026

#837 > Bayfront Blues Festival 2026 - Duluth, MN~ (PhillyCheezeBlues.Blogspot.com)

 


Bayfront Blues Festival 2026
Bayfront Festival Park
Duluth, Minnesota
August 15, 2026
 
By Phillip Smith; August 18, 2026
 
Original source : phillycheezeblues.blogspot.com


I made the trek this weekend to Duluth, Minnesota for day number two of the three-day-long Bayfront Blues Festival.  I love the venue’s waterfront stage and the beautiful view it offers of the harbor on the shores of Lake Superior.  It really does make for a perfect setting for live music.  Although the weather was unusually chilly, overcast, and damp, the music was being served hot all day long.  The acts were all spectacular, with the festival featuring a lineup of Johnny Rawls, Kyle Rowland, Ghalia Volt, John Primer & the Real Deal Blues Band, Mud Morganfield, and The Fabulous Thunderbirds.  With the forecast of showers looming over the area, the rain fortunately stayed at bay until after the first couple of songs from The Fabulous Thunderbirds who took the stage last.  Considering how the day could have gone, I count that as a win.  I thoroughly enjoyed each and every band, and definitely would return for this event again.

---

 

 

·       All photos by Phillip Smith


Johnny Rawls









Kyle Rowland








Ghalia Volt











John Primer & the Real Deal Band









Mud Morganfield










The Fabulous Thunderbirds










 

 

 

·       All photos by Phillip Smith

---

 

Read my previous reviews for Johnny Rawls >
https://phillycheezeblues.blogspot.com/search?q=Johnny+Rawls


Read my previous reviews for Ghalia Volt >
https://phillycheezeblues.blogspot.com/search?q=Ghalia+Volt


Read my previous reviews for Mud Morganfield >
https://phillycheezeblues.blogspot.com/search?q=Mud+Morganfield