Monday, September 7, 2026

#842 > The Claudettes - Live at CSPS 9-04-26~ (PhillyCheezeBlues.Blogspot.com)

 


The Claudettes
Live @ CSPS
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
September 4, 2026
 
By Phillip Smith; September 6, 2026
 
Original source : phillycheezeblues.blogspot.com
 

For the second week in a row, I’ve made it to CSPS in Cedar Rapids, Iowa for live music.  The Claudettes were in town Friday night, and I finally caught up to see this marvelous Chicago-based band.  Comprised of lead vocalist Rachel Williams, pianist/songwriter Johnny Iguana, bassist Zach Verdoorn and drummer Liz Ele, the band delivered two fabulous sets heavily loaded with songs off their brilliant, recently-released album Garage Glamour  (see link below for the PhillyCheeze review for this record).  I was ecstatic to experience my favorite cuts from that album “Winter Came (While You Were Gone)”, “Whirlpool” and “That Could Be Arranged” performed live.  It was quite an amazing show which came to a close with a hell of a grand finale covering Nazareth’s “Hair of the Dog”.  If you get the chance to see this group, I highly recommend taking it.        

 ---

 


·       All photos by Phillip Smith

















·       All photos by Phillip Smith

---

 

For more information on The Claudettes, visit their website https://theclaudettes.com/

 

Read my previous reviews for The Claudettes >